Power Systems Operator / Engineer
Private Sector Job
Odisha (Primary Telephonic)
The Incumbent position holder will be responsible for ensuring maximum uptime of the Distribution network through Prudent operations from Power System Control Centre while adhering to all Safety procedures and norms. He/she will further guide & aid the Zonal line personnel in faster restoration of power supply in the event of any breakdown staff and arrange for prompt outages along with issue of PTW`s as required. He/she is also responsible for generation of Flash Reports, Operations Analysis, Contingency Analysis, Reliability Analysis, Power Schedule and Drawal Analysis, reporting and rectifying Operational Variances.
M.tech / B.tech in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or Related Field (or Higher)
No. of Post:
Power Systems Engineer
- Minimum 4 year of experience in HV /LV Power Distribution Operations involving Overhead, Underground Network, Switchyards, RMU`s, Indoor /Outdoor Breakers.
- Should have worked on any /all of these Operational Technologies – SCADA/DMS/OMS /GIS.
- Should have thorough knowledge of power system equipment, station layout, protection system and Transmission & Distribution Network.
- Should be able to understand and analyze Distribution & Transmission network tripping’s / occurrences.
- Should have sound knowledge of SCADA /DMS, Load Flow Analysis, Voltage profiling, short circuit studies, Power Quality Analysis, Real Time Power Management.
- Should be conversant with safety procedures and tagging system of power equipment. Complete Knowledge of PTW Guidelines – Understanding of Safety procedure of Equipment isolation and Earthing. Ability to identify violations of Safety /PTW procedures.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of 11 KV Distribution Equipment and Network – Transformers, Circuit Breakers, On-Load Isolators, Off-Load Isolators, Auto reclosers, Sectionalizes, O/H lines, HT ABC, U/G Cables, Hi Pot Sets, Insulation Testers Operations and Capacities, relays and FPIs used in 11 KV Network, fault identification and isolation based on Relay and FPI feedback.
- Detailed knowledge of the distribution system 1. Configuration of 11 KV substation including creating and understanding of Single Line Diagrams of network, Ability to understand Layout of the 33 /11 KV substation, Technical parameters of distribution system.
- Advanced knowledge of different type and make of Relays and their function. Ability to identify Fault and isolation on basis of relay feedback.
- Monitoring and management of Network of the assigned area during the shift in the Centralized/Area Power System Control.
- Coordinating with Transmission Company operators, SLDC and crew in field for ensuring effective Network and Load management.
12. Real Time Power Management, Day Ahead Scheduling of Power,
- Long Term and Short-term Load Forecasting.
*Note: Only Male Candidates Should Apply For the Job.
Tata Power Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL)
Remote Monitoring and Control of 33 kV and 11 kV Distribution Network through SCADA /DMS, Centralized Operations of HV Network so as to ensure minimum down time, Adherence to all Safety Procedures for Issue / clearance of PTW as per SOP, Handling of system emergency situations or emergency arising out of natural calamities, outage management, Power Flow management for Voltvar control ,Real Time Power Management in line with the State Deviation Settlement Mechanism.
Send your updated CV / Resume at the below mentioned E-mail in order to Apply duly by 06.05.2021